I’m lucky to have been able to see three shinjinkouen performances since becoming a Takarazuka fan. They’re always so, so much fun. Shinko performers only get one chance per run to do their performance and as a result always put 200% into their roles.
Shinkos are always a little rough around the edges, but even with that I found the
( The Bad )
( The Good )
( Cast Rundown )
So in conclusion…no, it’s not an absolutely perfect show. But I really, really love it anyway, and I really recommend that everyone see it
I keep on looking at the star tab in hopes that people will be back in the show, but no such luck...
What terrifies me is that the really highly ranked people may not even have the option of calling out sick unless they're physically at the point where they can't stand up any more. And given that Micchan is also rehearsing for the buyouakai, I really do worry about her.
Not to mention everyone else.
Get well soon, soragumi!
ETA: Totally didn't look at the bottom of the announcement. It looks like at least Kacha, Dai-chan, Kuracchi, Kyanon, and Sattsun are back as of today's show. That's something at least.
KACHA AS THE LEAD!!!!!!
KAI-CHAN AS NIBANTE!!!!!!
AND ERI-CHAN'S FIRST SHINKO LEAD!!!!!!!!
*continues running around excitedly*
(Yeah, wao_wao and co. have trained me well ^^;)
Seriously, Fujisaki Eri is perfect for this role, as she has a lot of spunk. She's been ignored in shinkos lately and I'm so glad she's getting some recognition. Nagina Ruumi as the lead was a no-brainer, but I'm glad that Nanami Hiroki will also get a good role.
This only makes me more excited about the Takarazuka version. I suspect it could be a very talk-y show, but it suits the atmosphere. And I wonder how they'll incorporate "As Time Goes By" and the other songs? Or maybe they'll have to go with other songs if getting the original copyright is a problem?
Anyway, I decided to write down my casting predictions. I always like doing these and going back later to see how I did. (For the record, I'd like to brag that wao_wao and I predicted long before the summary of Paradise Prince was released that Tomu would be an evil, corporate villain trying to get Tani to sell out and Micchan would play Tani's friend XD)
( Here's looking at you, kid. )
It's not too long until Elisabeth rehearsals start up. After all is said and done, I'm really interested in seeing how the rest of the roles are cast. I know it was somewhat controversial not to include any senka members, but it does provide some interesting opportunities for the rest of tsukigumi.
I want Toshi to be a black angel <3
Also, something I haven't heard discussed...will Kacha be in the shinko at all? On one hand she was just at the point where it looked like she would be getting leads in sora, and it seems unfair to deprive her of at least a shot at roles like Lucheni, etc (I'd er...be a bit worried about her health if they gave her Death). On the other, I'm sure she's under a ridiculous amount of pressure as it is -_-;;
Anyway, a few comments on Elisabeth (because I feel the need to put in my two cents as well :P):
1) There has been a lot of discussion Kacha now that we've seen her in the white dress. Elisabeth starts out as a bit of a tomboy. She's supposed to be beautiful, but does she necessarily have to be regal the entire way through the show? I personally think that Kacha has enough of "the look", even if she's untraditional. Which brings me to my next point.
2) I love Elisabeth, but with the possible exception of the 2007 yukigumi version, all of the productions are basically the same. If tsukigumi is going to perform this show only two years after it was last performed, then I'm really not opposed to the idea of shaking things up. I'm interested to see what Kacha brings to the role. Of course, a "new" production of Elisabeth doesn't make the casting decisions in regards to Ai-chan and Shizuku any less of a slap in the face. But...I'm interested to see where this goes.
3) I've already posted about my feelings on Franz. That being said, Kiriyan's strength is making boring characters into interesting ones. And she can be especially good when tackling a challenge <3 Oh, and there will be a moustache. Kiriyan looks good in moustaches <333
4) Poor Ahi :( And um...what will the other two Rudolphs be doing when it's not their turn? My personal theory is that they will be revolutionaries, who ironically enough have more stage time than Rudolph. Will it be a three-way role rotation? And if that's the case, will Mirio have to learn three honkouen roles AND her probable shinko lead?
5) We haven't talked much about the other roles. I'm betting on Sonoka for Zeps and Ryuu for Max. My latest dream is for Ai-chan to play Madame Wolf. I would die, but I would die *very* happy. Also, "My Dear New Orleans" ends in Tokyo on April 26th. Elisabeth starts on May 22nd. Does this give Miho Keiko enough time to be Sophie? *looks around to make sure of not jinxing the idea by saying it out loud*
Okay, that was more than a few comments. I'm going to bed.
( Thoughts under the cut )
Coincidentally enough, the role switch was filmed right after Eriko got sick, but before Chigi had time to take over Eriko's role. So in this performance, the role of Dan Juan Cardeo was played by...Kacha. I think I'm a little freaked out by that omen. (But maybe it means that if I work on Luna tonight, Kiriyan will be announced as the next hoshigumi top? XD)
Anyway, she did fine, but she looked a little young next to the honkouen cast...