Anyway, a few comments on Elisabeth (because I feel the need to put in my two cents as well :P):
1) There has been a lot of discussion Kacha now that we've seen her in the white dress. Elisabeth starts out as a bit of a tomboy. She's supposed to be beautiful, but does she necessarily have to be regal the entire way through the show? I personally think that Kacha has enough of "the look", even if she's untraditional. Which brings me to my next point.
2) I love Elisabeth, but with the possible exception of the 2007 yukigumi version, all of the productions are basically the same. If tsukigumi is going to perform this show only two years after it was last performed, then I'm really not opposed to the idea of shaking things up. I'm interested to see what Kacha brings to the role. Of course, a "new" production of Elisabeth doesn't make the casting decisions in regards to Ai-chan and Shizuku any less of a slap in the face. But...I'm interested to see where this goes.
3) I've already posted about my feelings on Franz. That being said, Kiriyan's strength is making boring characters into interesting ones. And she can be especially good when tackling a challenge <3 Oh, and there will be a moustache. Kiriyan looks good in moustaches <333
4) Poor Ahi :( And um...what will the other two Rudolphs be doing when it's not their turn? My personal theory is that they will be revolutionaries, who ironically enough have more stage time than Rudolph. Will it be a three-way role rotation? And if that's the case, will Mirio have to learn three honkouen roles AND her probable shinko lead?
5) We haven't talked much about the other roles. I'm betting on Sonoka for Zeps and Ryuu for Max. My latest dream is for Ai-chan to play Madame Wolf. I would die, but I would die *very* happy. Also, "My Dear New Orleans" ends in Tokyo on April 26th. Elisabeth starts on May 22nd. Does this give Miho Keiko enough time to be Sophie? *looks around to make sure of not jinxing the idea by saying it out loud*
Okay, that was more than a few comments. I'm going to bed.
Manda, don't you have irimachi today?
And now I'm being called away to eat latkes...
ETA: Latkes were tasty. Anyway, Kiriyan's dinner show is called "K Collection", which for the record, I think is awesome. She will be accompanied by Hazaki Mana, Maino Yuka, and Sana Yuzuha. I'm not really familiar with any of these girls, but I figure this will be a good opportunity to know them.
Ahi's dinner show is called "Glitter" (I'm amused, it's very Ahi-esque somehow) and will have Mihou Aya (<3), Mishou Kazuki, Sawaki Rizu, and Ayahoshi Rion.
But...Ai-chan...Magee...with Ai-chan, I could see it being an outside performance, but Magee? *refreshes homepage obsessively*
Before the show I was talking to a tsukigumi fan friend of mine. She said that there are some shows that she dreads having to see multiple times, but this isn’t one of them and that she was smiling the entire way through. I agree completely. If you have the opportunity, I really recommend seeing this one, regardless of whether or not you’re a fan of tsukigumi or any of the Takarasiennes involved.
In closing, I think you guys know by now where my loyalties lie in tsukigumi. Despite that, I thought that Hollywood Lover was definitely the better of the two tsukigumi shows that came to the Nippon Seinenkan this January. Just uh, don’t tell the Kiriyan cultists that I said that -_-;;;;
Yuuhi fans, you definitely need this one. Tsukigumi fans, I highly recommend it. Even if you’re not a particularly big fan of either, I still really recommend Hollywood Lover. Really, I can’t think of any complaints.
I...wasn't exactly expecting this. I'm pouting because I love my tsukigumi otokoyaku trio. My love for Yuuhi and Asako tends to get overshadowed by my love for Kiriyan, but that doesn't mean I don't love those two. And the idea of Yuuhi leaving and Asako and Mihoko eventually retiring...I worry about the void that it would leave. *sigh* And with Sueko-san and Eri-san gone... Kiriyan is my favorite part of tsukigumi. But she's one of many parts, and I worry about what will happen to the troupe if too many of those parts are taken away.
Is this possibly good for Yuuhi's career, however? Even being a 2.5-bante, she was always stuck behind Kiriyan. Is she now being moved into position as Un-chan's eventual successor? ETA: The word on the street seems to be that Yuuhi is being moved as an upperclassmen and not as part of the star track. This makes sense, and honestly, I'd rather see her stick around longer in another troupe than retire. From what I understand, upperclassmen negotiate their contracts year to year. I think if Yuuhi truly, truly, didn't want to be in hanagumi, she would have retired instead.
Also, if Asako retires and Kiriyan becomes top, who becomes the nibante and sanbante of tsukigumi? Ahi and Sonoka? If they're going to be moving in people from other troupes, can we possibly steal Kaname? Or can we have Micchan back?
*wanders off, head still spinning*
I decided to give the show another chance. Well, not like I couldn't since I already had bought tickets, but you get the idea. I'm happy to say that while Mahoroba/Magician no Yuutsu is not my Favorite Show Ever, I had a much more positive experience.